Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- The patient is not to have anything to eat or drink (including water) from midnight the night prior until after your procedure.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to the surgery.
- Do not wear nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, or fever please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Clemenza prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Please leave all personal items such as wallets, purses, and cell phones, etc. at home as we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged items.